First Transit Reviews

Show reviews that mention
service driver bus area people vehicle complaint appointment customer destination
Filter review

My name is Bony esternie i need a letter to send it to the uscis thank you

It's not a complaint I just need a letter from the company to send to u.s.c.i.s i went there yesterday the gate was closed I didn't see no one to that location that is the reason why i try to see if I can get letter from,the headquarters that will be great for me because the letter I need is for u.s.c.i.s I really need it I was working on Davie 1600 n.e 7 Ave fort Lauderdale location 5347 my iD number 1431 thank you
Dania Beach, Florida
Preferred solution
I really need a letter from company to send it to u.s.c.i.s to show them that I was working for the company and I was a employee for first transit that's all I need thank you

Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service

I've been using Pace for my medical rides because I've had numerous complaints regarding getting to my appointments on time or even being able to provide transportation for the appointments. So they just mailed my vouchers out yesterday, when I called in on 9/22/20 with the appointment dates and times. I have a medical appointment in the morning @8am and no transportation!! This really sucks ; it's not the first time. THIS HAPPENS FREQUENTLY!! I guess these days no one has pride or work ethics!
ID
#2202255 Review #2202255 is a subjective opinion of poster.
First Transit Customer Care
Pros
  • Nice driver
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Dirty vehicles

Driver said that there is only one person that cares about cleaning and that the other one is super lazy and very rude been a long time customer and hope this complaint doesn’t go to waste I will follow up with my driver to see if I can one day have a clean vehicle to my appointment
First Transit Customer Care
Pros
  • Nice driver
Cons
  • Lazy cleaner
Lazy cleaner
Just a clean vehicle

Poor Customer Service

So, it was raining and the not crowed bus pulls up, we were the only people at the stop. We get on and ask if we need to swipe our Upasses which is the student version of a Metropass. This guy in a security uniform sitting behind the driver was like "no its just for the campus buses even though it's completely acceptable in that area" then his next excuse was that it was First Transit in Metro Transit even though its under contract by the Metropolitan Council to accept the same payment method. So being college students new to the public transportation system, we disembarked and walked 20 blocks in the rain with a fairly heavy instrument to a different bus.
#1820175

Do your research. Dont blame the bus company because it was not the kind of bus you thought you were getting on.

ID
#1642027 Review #1642027 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Employees to be more knowledgeable about various payment types and better customer service.

DISGUSTED

1st: they do Not have enough employees manning the phones. 2nd: the vehicle is Always late( i am often standing in the sun for an hour or more). 3rd: INCOMPETENT drivers ( wrong way on One way, driving over curbs, going far out of the way to make a left turn in a designated turn lane with a turn signal, Ignorant to the use of the installed navigation system). 4th: once you board the vehicle it is Hours before arriving at destination. 5th: Rude drivers. 6th: Unclean vehicles. 7th: having to cross traffic to get to vehicle because drivers can not be bothered. FIRST TRANSIT is a HORRIBLE company!!
#2000474

As someone who personally knows a bus driver, I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that you’ve never driven a vehicle anywhere near as large as a bus. If you had, you’d realize that “staying in the turning lane” with a 40 foot bus is literally impossible in a lot of situations.

Not only do drivers have to worry about not running over medians and curbs, but they have to make sure the back of their vehicle doesn’t hit a sign/light/etc sitting near the curb or something similar. The turning radius is vastly different than a car and drivers are TRAINED to swing wide (obviously maintaining distance from other cars and not veering into lanes that are being used) so that they can make the tight turns without hitting anything. The issue about not having enough drivers is totally valid. Driving a bus is hard enough, but drivers also have to deal with some really difficult, sometimes even dangerous, people, and they don’t get paid much.

They also are forced to work 10-15 hour days 6 days a week, at least. Therefore, most drivers find other, better opportunities and since it takes so long for new drivers to apply and be trained/licensed, companies are often left with not enough employees. Vehicles are often late because the management that creates the schedule for each bus doesn’t give the driver any leeway for any circumstance that might occur. Basically, management gets in a regular car during light traffic and times how long it takes them to drive a certain route.

Then they make a schedule and use the time it took them as a blueprint. This is a major problem because, for one, drivers have to make frequent stops to pick up passengers, both at bus stops and when flagged down. Also, passengers FREQUENTLY have questions for the bus driver which delays the driver from leaving sooner. Many passengers also require help to board the bus, such as disabled people in wheelchairs.

Wheelchairs really slow down the process because drivers have to deploy the ramp, wait for them to board (which they often do much, much slower than a normal passenger) and then the driver has to tie their wheelchair down and buckle their seatbelt if they want it. And when they want to get off the bus, the whole process has to be done in reverse. All of this can add significant time onto a route, making a driver late. And that doesn’t even take traffic/road conditions into account, or many other things that might prevent a driver from arriving to a stop on time.

Trust me, these drivers aren’t late because they’re lazy and just taking their time with their routes. The only breaks or lunch breaks they get are dependent on them getting to their stops on time. If they arrive late, then their break/lunch will be shorter, or they might not even get a break/lunch at all. Even though employees are legally allowed to get multiple breaks and a lunch, these bus companies are being sued all of the time because they don’t care about their employees.

So instead of automatically blaming the drivers for being late, maybe you should be complaining about how management has scheduled these buses to arrive at impossible times. I could go on, but I doubt you care, or even read this far. There are a LOT of other things that hinder drivers and/or make their job incredibly hard/stressful. Maybe you should try to remember that these drivers you think so little of are actual people who are working their butts off and not getting paid much to do it.

I’m sure some of them are rude sometimes, because, again, they’re human, and with the conditions they work in, they’re bound to have some bad days. Have you ever thanked your bus driver? Or even said, “hi, how are you?” as you angrily marched past them? I’m betting not.

Maybe if you tried to be just a tiny bit more understanding and pleasant, they would be too. Just saying. I certainly hope that my bus driver boyfriend doesn’t get any passengers as hateful as you.

And I feel sorry for any bus drivers that work wherever you live because your attitude and ingratitude is going to make their lives that much more miserable. Have a nice day.

Boynton Beach, Florida

Unprofessional. Very unprofessional

Wait until last possible moment to inform client they over booked. To many people in vechicle. I called them four times the day before my appointment to verify my times. Each time they said someone will call you. I waited just for them to tell me they left a message. I would never use or recommend First Transit to my worst enemy. You also need to check dispatch attitude. Thank you.

Complaint about driver

Complaint at Phila airport location. First Transit. Black driver that limps name issac was on bus talking to me and ask for my number.......when i said no.....he told me bus is out of service and told me to get off. Chris the manager did not do anything. I was going to file a lawsuit. Issac was very disrespectful and told me that he is a shop steward and he run things there. I could not believe what he was saying to me. He told me next time to ride someone else bus then called me a B@#%@

First Transit - Vehicle Driver Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

First transit phila airport. Driver name issac works in economoy cuss me out. Said he in union they cant do ish to him.

Was employed in western region, only a theory , but questioning the probability of unlawful GPS tracking / Stingray technology - employee monitoring my whereabouts which may utilize (facebook) community to character harass and stalk me after work off the clock. I am experiencing groups of people closely trailing and following my personal vehicle and strangers with dark shades walking around my home who aren't my neighbors.

Unfortunate truth is, I'm a hermit. Maybe tax dollars should be spent in a more productive manner and not recruiting high school age students, which may and could lower the drop out rate.

First Transit airport worst company ever to work for. Shop stewards don't help if you get fired.

Union don't help. Why is this place union if everyone getting fired. Buses are broking down. Shop stewards are weak.

Your just a number here. Worst company ever. Trailers are run down. They screw up your pay.

Only if airport knew truth about buses. We would lose contract. Bus engines and tires being held by crazy glue.

Buses are awful. They expect drivers to be happy here.....place is a joke.

First Transit Philadelphia worst company ever. Union and shop stewards awful.

Company treat drivers like slaves. People get fired left and right, with no union help. Shop stewards aint worth a dam. Buses all messed up, do not know how they pass inspection.

Management sucks. 65 drivers and about 60 hate they place. Lunch breaks on all runs are screwed up. People working illegal pass hours.

Favoritism. Fat black shop steward name Ike, think hes GOD over there and he tells on drivers getting everyone fired. No one likes him. Guess to be a shop steward, you just sing your ABC's and tap dance like a monkey and your in.

Airport should kick first transit out. Worst company ever to work for. Stay away,do not bother to put an application in.

They screw of your check and do not pay drivers, New drivers are underpaid. You gotta be a fool to work here.

Isaac is telling the truth, not because he is in the union but this company is hurting so bad they can't afford to fire anyone. His attitude could be explained by the company as they pay poorly, don't pay for hours worked, treat drivers and customers like garbage. It's the companies culture, and until municipalities stop using poor performance companies like first transit, the attitudes will continue.

@PissedConsumer1361890

Isaac not a shop steward. He tells on his own drivers he pose to protect and get them fired.

That's why someone ran on bus and rocked his jaw. He's a clown. He doesn't fight for no one. He is a butt kissing snitch.

Why is he a shop steward. Who's he helped??? He don't know how to talk to people. No one likes him.

He runs to supervisors and snitches on drivers. Guess to become a shop steward all you got to do spell your name right.

Union and shop stewards are a joke here. Hahahahaha...A FREAKING JOKE

They treat the employees like garbage seriously so as a former employee yoy start to not care i had to beg them to get off to pick up my children, bad company to work for always hiring just needed something to hold me over until medical certification came in the mail. Hated the job management is terrible i just needed a pay check

View more comments (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Terrible

Terrible service fairly consistently. Drivers don't care, supervisors don't care. Complaints accomplice nothing but empty promises. Can't wait to get my car fixed. Everyone says people should stop driving and save the environment by taking busses. Why should they? There's not much incentive to. Give them better service and maybe they would. I think most people now who ride are people who have no other choice. I live in a desert where temperatures frequently go over 110. Walking and bike riding in that with health problems is not too easy, unless someone likes getting heat strokes. This area isn't very bike friendly anyway. Cars are hostile to cyclists and pedestrians here.

First Transit Phila Airport... we got Beavis and butthead as shop stewards.

They couldn't save a drowning man in a pool with no water.

They just sit in office and watch people get fired looking all stupid. GM do what he wants.

They dont care, just go from A to b with such rudeness as not to be polite enough to pass the time pleasantly.

@PissedConsumer1257200

Its First Transit. Just a place to get a check.....no one cares about buses......why should workers care about customers.

It is what it is.

Screw them....I do my eight and escape. All that place is a prison.

Had a shaven headed black driver with a goatee who wouldn't even reply to anything I said to him, the. rude SOB!!!

He had no grace of manners whatsoever. I could lodge a complaint with his supervisor, but I'm sure F.T. would be disinclined to take action against him.

F.T.

needs an overhaul of its management and drivers if it is to present a better public image. The age of the gentleman driver is almost a thing of the past.

I think some drivers are nothing more than hirelings.

Anyone care to corroborate my views on this?

@PissedConsumer1257194

I had this dumb looking long haired white dude (might have been a girl) kept talking weird stuff, so i was ascared and didn't say nothin to it.

@PissedConsumer1257194

Yes that driver name is Issac Smalls.......he has mental issues. No one likes him.

He's a shop steward that doesn't help anyone. He thinks he's untouchable. He cusses at customers...... He bullies drivers.....and no one doesn't anything about it.

One day someone gonna handle him and then First Transit gonna say oh what happen?

Issac really shouldn't be driving with his attitude and customer complaints he has in his files. He's an really A##Hole.

@PissedConsumer1257194

His name is Issac Smalls. He's a union shop steward.

He tells on drivers and get them all fired. He's dark skinned and wear glasses. He is a snitch. He got punch in the face 2 years ago by a customer.

He don't know how to talk to people.

He shouldn't even be a shop steward. He nothing more but an uncle Tom butt kissing snitch.

View more comments (6)

Rude and Poor Service

First Transit in Conshohocken, PA. Gave me trouble all day 4-26-14. I live in the King of Prussia area and have used their services since it was turned over by Krapfs in 2012. I called in at 10 am for a 10 O'Clock run to Wegmans. I wanted to pick up some medicine because I had been very sick. Sherman answers the phone and says he'll call it in. At 10:30 am....I'm still standing outside and in this case its pretty late for the Rambler so I called back. Sherman was so rude. He told me to be patient and wait. He yelled. Wouldn't even allow me to ask where if close, the shuttle was. I waited until 10:40. Nothing. This is when I decided to catch the 11 o'clock Rambler....waited and waited. 11:30 no Rambler. I called back and Sherman says ever since my call in he hasn't been able to contact the driver because his radio wasn't working. I'm glad I called back. I wouldn't have known they were having radio trouble. I left. Went back home I was in so much pain. I decided then I'll try for the 2 o'clock. I called you n for The Rambler. I was standing outside for another 1/2 hour. During this time Frederick was now on the phones. He sounded new because his protocol was to ask for my number? never in all of the years I'd been using this service was I EVER asked for my number. I actually called Frederick back at around 2:15 to make sure he was able to get in touch with the driver and also because he seemed unsure of what he was doing. But at 2:30 when I called back Sherman was on the phones again and was yelling at me to stand there wait and be patient and to stop calling that I was tying up the lines. 2:30 that driver has to be at a certainly n destination so it was just was past the norm. I've seen a bus as late as 2:20?And that's rare. 2:42 I called again and said I'll just wait for the 3 o'clock. But by the time I walked back towards my home I began to feel even worse....I was in excruciating pain. I decided to do a courtesy call and cancel. Sherman answers the phone. I said I'm in way too much pain and before I could complete a sentence he began yelling saying I don't care about that...are you getting the green(3 o'clock) or not? I was in pain. He tells again. Speak up! Speak up! I then said cancel cancel cancel. I hung up.

First Transit Philadelphia Airport is the worst. They screw drivers pay checks up.

New drivers are underpaid. Shop stewards are crooked. Buses are horrible. They care more for the cats then drivers.

36 month rule. I know people that committed crimes and got less time. This place is slavery. Picking cotton and shop stewards are UNCLE TOMS.

They got Ben and Jerry as shop stewards. The reject dream team.

This company doesnt care for the clients, when i started i was over 1 hour late the ppl where happy to see me and said they were used to being treated that way. Sad because they really needed the service the man was in a wheelchair, i used to work for other transportatuon companies and i never been more than 30 minutes late

View more comments (1)
King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

Brands Related to First Transit

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article